Caring for your jewellery will help to ensure that these pieces continue to last in all their glory.
- Store your jewellery in a cool, dry environment when you're not wearing it.
- Avoid lifting heavy items or weight training while wearing silver or gold rings. Both are soft metals and can scratch easily.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery in the ocean or swimming pools, as the salt water and chlorine can cause damage.
- Every so often, a good polishing will help restore your pieces to their original brilliance. You can use soap and warm water. For silver that is tarnishing, you can use warm water and baking soda to give it a little polish. Make sure to completely dry your jewellery after washing it.
- If your jewellery has gemstones, a soft bristle toothbrush with soap and water can be used to gently clean built up hand cream and soap that may be blocking the light around the stones.